In this two-part presentation assignment, you will describe a quality improvement initiative that is currently being monitored in your workplace.
Step 1 Research quality improvement initiatives in your workplace.
Research information about a quality improvement initiative in your workplace or in another clinical setting. Gather information about the initiative from individuals who actually collect and/or manage data for the initiative. If necessary, discuss with your nurse manager which initiatives are most important on your unit.
Step 2 Research quality improvement standards.
Using the Internet, review websites such as those for the Joint Commission or the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and gather information on the standard for the initiative.
Step 3 Create the second part of a 14- to 16-slide presentation.
Create your presentation by addressing the following points and make sure that you properly cite any resources used. Include a slide for each of the following:
- Title page
In addition to these four slides, each of the following bullet points should have its own slide. For Week 9, you answered questions 1 through 3. You will answer questions 4 through 8 this week.
- Describe the quality improvement initiative and why it is important.
- What evidence was used to determine that quality improvement was needed?
- Explain what goal the initiative is trying to achieve.
- What national standards are being met by addressing the initiative?
- Which quality indicators will be used to measure the improvement in the initiative? Describe the quality indicators and how they support the initiative.
- Explain who collects the data and what is done with the data/how it is used/who uses it.
- Determine the agencies to which they report their information.
- Determine nursing’s involvement in helping with the initiative.
Step 4 Add presenter’s notes.
Include brief talking points as needed in the notes area for your slides. These notes should clarify/provide additional details about the information on the slides.