Evidence-Based Research Interview
Identify, analyze, and discuss the components that comprise a valid evidence-based research study.
Based on the information compiled above, interview a health care leader about his/her experiences related to using evidence-based research to drive changes in practices in his/her facility. Evidence-Based Research Interview assignment
Write a report (1,000-1,250 words) of your findings. Include the following in your report:
- 1) The changes that the health care leader has been involved in implementing.
- 2) How strong did the leader feel the research on the topic was? Why?
- 3) Have they ever rejected research findings? Why or why not?
- 4) Include any concerns they have had or resistance they have experienced when implementing changes based on research.
- 5) Analyze your findings as they apply to the components of evidence-based research.
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
Prepare this Evidence-Based Research Interview assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This Evidence-Based Research Interview assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
HLT 540 Grand Canyon Week 2 Discussion 2
How effectively do you think the Coyne et al. study and the Messina et al. study both used their review of literature to help the reader understand why the research question was asked? How could they have done it more effectively? Evidence-Based Research Interview assignment
HLT 540 Grand Canyon Week 2 Discussion 1
What kinds of extraneous variables (not cited in the studies) do you think could have affected the relationships between the independent variables and the dependent variables in both the Messina et al. and Coyne et al. studies?
HLT 540 Grand Canyon Week 5 Assignment 1
Broyles Textbook Practice Exercise
Complete “Practice Exercise 1” (page 157) and “Practice Exercise 11” (page 180) in the textbook. For the data set listed, use Excel to extract the mean and standard deviation for the sample of lengths of stay for cardiac patients. Use the following Excel steps:
1) Enter the data set into Excel.
2) Click on the Data tab at the top.
3) Highlight your data set with your mouse.
4) Click on the Data Analysis tab at the top right.
5) Click on Descriptive Statistics in the analysis tool list.
6) Find the mean and standard deviation of the data sets.
7) Send the results to instructor via e-mail, along with your analysis of the description of the data set.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
HLT 540 Grand Canyon Week 5 Discussion 1
Discuss the concept of the normal distribution, why it is important, and what you think it means. Evidence-Based Research Interview assignment
HLT 540 Grand Canyon Week 5 Discussion 2
When students talk about “grading on the curve,” how does that apply to the normal distribution? Evidence-Based Research Interview assignment